Brief description of the rules for admission of doctorate students to the IKTU
Persons with a master’s degree and work experience of at least 1 year or who have completed a residency in medical specialties are admitted to doctoral studies.
Documents for admission to doctoral studies are accepted from July 3 to August 3, entrance exams are held from August 4 to 20.
The doctoral student takes an entrance exam at the higher education institution where an applicant applied for the program.
Applicants for doctoral studies in medicine take a preliminary selection exam. Preliminary selection exams are held before the start of the entrance exams from February 1 to May 31 of the calendar year.
The result of the preliminary selection for studying in educational programs of doctoral studies is the issuance of a permit or admission to the entrance exam.
To participate in the competition for a state educational grant, it is necessary to submit a package of documents from August 22 to 28 of the calendar year through the portal www.egov.kz of the electronic government of the Republic of Kazakhstan or through the university admission committee.
For doctoral studies on a state educational order, persons who have an international certificate in a foreign language and who have scored at least 75 points in the entrance exam are admitted on a competitive basis.
For study in doctorate program on a paid basis, persons who have scored at least 50 points out of 100 possible according to the results of the entrance exam and have an international certificate in a foreign language (English, French, German) are admitted on a competitive basis.
Persons who have scored a threshold score in the entrance exam and have an international certificate in a foreign language (English, French, German) on a competitive basis are admitted to the Turkish quota.
Opportunities for doctoral students studying at the A. Yassawi IKTU
- Every year the Turkish side provides grants for doctoral studies. A doctoral student studying on a Turkish grant receives a scholarship in the amount of a state grant.
- There is an opportunity for leading scientists, professors of leading universities of the Republic of Turkey to carry out scientific supervision over dissertations of doctoral students of the University.
- There is also the possibility of studying for one or two semesters at a foreign university under the program of academic mobility.
- Doctoral students can undergo research internships in the best universities in Turkey, Russia, Europe on the basis of contracts concluded with them.
- IKTU publishes the only journal “Bilig”, which is registered in the SCOPUS database in the field of humanities, social sciences, where our doctoral students can publish their scientific articles.
- The University has a number of publications, such as the journal “Khabarshy” (“Vestnik”), included in the list of scientific publications of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, and other journals.
- A. Yassawi International Kazakh-Turkish University for high performance on January 15, 2020, by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan K.-Zh. Tokayev was awarded a Special status.
Our university, which has a special status, in accordance with the procedure determined by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, has the opportunity to open councils for the defense of doctoral dissertations, as well as independently assign, like the national universities of the country, a Ph.D. degree and issue the corresponding doctoral diplomas. This significantly increases the opportunities for doctoral students of the IKTU to defend themselves in a timely manner and obtain a Ph.D. degree. Currently open dissertation councils in Medicine, Public Health, Physics, Pedagogy, and Psychology. The list of councils will be expanded in the next academic year.